Monday, August 11, 2008

BACK TO COLUMBUS

Got back from Chicago yesterday. I had a blast! Alas, my children, marriage and my job called me home. :) I really missed the little boogers, too. They had tons of fun playing in the dirt at MIL's house, so I'm sure they didn't miss me too much.

First we went to The Pontiac (Cafe?). Had a couple of beers & then went to Leah's apt to drop off my stuff, pick up Dr. J., & head to the Silver Palm. We totally brought back 1999... then promptly went to sleep at 9:30. LOL. Silver Palm's food was pretty good! We were almost the only people in the train car though, so it was really cool to be as loud as you wanted.


The next morning, Leah & I went to get mani/pedi's. Then we walked around for 50 hours. Then we went on an architecture tour on the river. That was surprisingly fun. :) Then we walked around for another 50 hours & went to the West Fest. Which we then walked around, for another 50 hours. (See a trend?)

Sunday we (wait for it) walked around for 50 hours, then I had to come home. My entire family met me at the airport & I was surprised because Tony was actually still awake. Usually by 9, he is snoring. According to Chad, T's snoring actually kept him awake all weekend!

Synopsis of the weekend, walking, eating, drinking beer. Sounds not so fun, but it was completely and totally fun because Leah is the hottest.

Another note: I just completed my first day of the 100 push-up challenge... damn, it was hard! My wrists hurt. Gotta get buff.

1 comment:

LeahC said...

super glad to have you here and glad you had a good time!