Monday, July 14, 2008

CHILDCARE

My nanny is really awesome. That being said, T is having a hard time not emulating her little girl (who is 2). According to Chad, she throws the mother of all tantrums and now Tony is starting that same thing...over EVERYTHING. My previously improving little dude is now backsliding.

So, now we have an issue. Do we just continue on as we are now & when he returns to school we have to undo this problem? Or, do we fire the (awesome) nanny & send him to school camp until August 1st, when we then have to find something else to do with him for 3 weeks until school starts again at the end of August?

I really hate to fire her because we're her job and she's going to be hard-pressed to find a job for 6 weeks until school begins. I know I would be completely bonkers for $ if I didn't have a job for 6 weeks. On the other hand, another month of this may really hurt him when he returns to school and the other (well-behaved) children. I need to put my kids first, right? But I made a commitment to her to employ her for the whole summer! Argh.

Kyle is the same little dude he always is... goes with the flow mostly. So, we would probably send him back to the daycare we just took him from for 6 weeks & he'd do great until the montessori school started up in August. Then he'd flow right into the montessori school just as easily. I am so thankful that he is so easygoing. ;)

I think we'll just start off by talking to her and seeing what we can hash out about the tantrums. He's 4 1/2 years old for christ's sake - he shouldn't be rolling around on the ground kicking his feet because it is time to shut off the tv...

1 comment:

LeahC said...

although...sometimes I still roll around on the ground kicking my feet when I don't get what I want ;-)

I don't know, that's a tough one, but in the end it's your kids first. Business is business and if it's not working then she should go. What if she found a job nannying for 2 times as much...or for a movie star or somethign, she probably wouldn't stick with you guys...I mean you're cool but you're no Matthew McConeghey (I can't spell but you know what I mean ;-) )