Tuesday, May 20, 2008

ALONE IS HARD

I have been meaning to take the kids to LifeTime to get them on our membership so that I can do something besides ride the couch.

Since Wednesday.

It is so HARD to get anything done when you're the only person over the age of 12 in your house... or in my case, over the age of 5. You're constantly refereeing WWIII in the living room while trying to make dinner, clean up dinner, fold laundry, vacuum the carpet, reattach limbs... you get the idea. The kids go to sleep at 7. Yes - SEVEN! If they don't go to bed that early, they are maniacs & I might have to kill one. Or both.

By the time I get them to bed, I'm exhausted.

I am not trying to complain or grumble... I'm just putting it out there. It's hard for Chad to be away so much too. I know he'd rather be here so that I didn't go bald or drown my 2 year old. :) *just kidding!* Plus, I know that there are tons of women out there that don't have a spouse or partner to help them with there kids...ever. They're rolling their eyes at me right this very second. I guess it's hard to adjust to get back to time management. Maybe I'll have to push back the bedtime. Or, maybe I'll not give them a bath everyday.... shudder. All I know is that something has got to give. I think I have gained 8396 pounds this week that Chad is gone. I am sniping at the kids. I know it is because I haven't ran in over 3 weeks. I haven't swam (swum?) in over a week. Biking...what's that, eh?

So, today we're going to the grocery store to buy things for T's lunch. We're also getting a couple of things to eat so that we won't have to go back at least until Saturday. So, I'm not going to Lifetime again today! HOPEFULLY, I'll be able to go tomorrow.

No comments: