Friday, January 25, 2008

MAXIMUM HR TEST

I tested out my new Reebok HR Monitor that I bragged about earlier last night. Yes it was only $25... but it worked like el champo! I wore it even though I figured the treadmill would pick up the transmission the chest belt was sending. They were the same. So I figure that both of them must be accurate - otherwise that would mean that they are in cahoots to kill me. I ran 1.5 miles at a 'not-leisurely' pace, gradually increasing speed. For the last 1/2 mile, I sped up & sped up & sped up. I only got to 6.6 mph (last week I did 7.2). But at the end, my highest number during the run was 191... so add 5 bpm... max HR = 196. I really think it might be higher though because I can run faster than 6.6. So, I'll retest next week. No, it's not an excuse to use my HR monitor - I don't need one of those. I think I'm the coolest kid @ the gym because I've never seen any other girls with one. So there.

No comments: