Friday, May 18, 2007

USEFUL

On my way home today, I almost fell asleep in stop & go traffic on the Outerbelt! I am so not used to staying up til midnight! If my co-ed self could see my old mommy self, she would be appalled & call me something much worse than a old wussy. Suck it up & get out there! Or as my husband says: I can sleep when I'm dead.

While I was getting ready for my *gasp* 3 miles tonight, I hoped wholeheartedly that the kids would show up & I would *HAVE* to stay home & hang out with them. But fortunately for the run, they didn't get home before I was out the door again. I knew I would feel tons better after a run, but while I was sitting on my bed, putting my socks on, I really wanted to lie down...just for a minute.

But, I AM COMMITTED TO THIS TRAINING PLAN! I WANT TO BECOME A BETTER RUNNER (or even a "real" runner would be good). So, I locked the door & went for a run. Sweet.

Oh yeah - the reason this run was useful - I found a barber to get my poor ragamuffin kids' haircut! Poor Stinky's hair is in his eyes...like some damn hippie.

3 comments:

LeahC said...

you'll get used to the tiredness....well I am hoping that happens at some point :-)

nice job on getting out there.

Mir said...

I totally hear you! I had a couple nights last week where I had trouble sleeping, and I was falling asleep at my desk at work after that. Pathetic! It was only a few years ago that I would be coming home at 5 or 6 a.m. on some nights. And I don't even have a good reason to be tired, like kids. You're a superwoman!

miss petite america said...

i feel like i turned into an old woman overnight. if i don't get 8 hours, i'm dead tired and super cranky.

probably means i am unfit to ever become a mom.