Tuesday, May 22, 2007

HOT HOT HOT

That was the word of the day! I finally got hooked up into my company's air/heating system (long story) on Friday. Today, the boss was gone, so the ladies at work were "cold". So, they turned off the air. So, I was sweating my ass off in my office for no damn reason. It was freakin 90* people!! Then, after my long day slaving (slacking) away, I tried to do my measly 3 mile run (in 90* heat). It didn't go so swell. After about a mile, my left foot hurt where a nice blister was forming. A 1/2 mile later, my right ankle started to bug me, nothing big - but with every step, it turned bigger. So, I walked the last mile. Whoohooo! Back to square one.

God, I am so freaking awesome!

Tonight=ice.
Tonight=ibuprofen.
Tomorrow am=running 3 miles.

2 comments:

Running Jayhawk said...

The summer heat will be the death of me.

Rest up. Take it easy. And tomorrow go out there and make those three miles your bitch. Got it?

When things get really tough during a short run, I just try to get pissed off and run right through it. Remember, even the best runners in the world have craptacular runs.

Theoutofshapeguy said...

Rest, Ice and Elevate!

I hope you took those miles and spanked them!