Friday, April 20, 2007

SATURDAY'S LONG RUN

My run tomorrow is scheduled to be 9 miles. I am routing 9.6. In earlier posts, I mentioned that my neighborhood is sort of ghetto. Interestingly enough, you go 1 mile south of my house and you can see cow patties. I never knew! It makes me feel way better now. I don't know why - maybe because it makes me feel like home (my house is on the cusp of the country).

Chad is on Xbox Live, so that means I can't upload my route pic yet; uploading makes the game lag & his guy will die. As soon as he gets off, I'll make sure that everyone can see it. Disregard the mile markers on the picture - they're off. But I actually drove it tonight & the total miles on the top of the pictures (which I cut off) is accurate. This is how I know that I can't do it at 5:30 am, as I had originally intended. At least, not without a little more gear. I need a reflective vest or flashlight at the very least. It is not lit at all and is very curvy. But it is BEEE-U-TEEE-FUL! So, I am going out tomorrow afternoon while the kids are asleep. I'm going to drive it first to put out some strategic water stops. Probably at 3, 6, & 9 miles. I haven't figured out how yet, but when I do, I'll let you know.

2 comments:

LeahC said...

we dropped water bottles when we ran in fort wayne once and it was a HUGE HELP. have fun 9.6ing

WannaBe5Ker said...

Major GL on the 9.6 Miler!!!!!!!!! Thanks for stopping by my blog, I am SOOOOO not a sub-10 min/miler! I think I'm actually getting slower....

GL!