Tuesday, April 17, 2007

NEW TOY


I am debating whether to get the Garmin 205 or 305. Heart rate monitor or no heart rate monitor, that is the question. Even though its not my birthday or Christmas, I am getting one. It is really cheap on Amazon right now, so I'd better get while the getting is good!


I know that Leah thinks that I don't need one. My friend Susan couldn't train without one. I'd like to hear your thoughts.
I'm not really far enough into my running life that I do all of the specialized runs that require me to stay in zones, but I'd like to think that someday I will be. I don't want to buy a Garmin just to regret that I didn't get the HR monitor later. Then I'd have 2 thingies on my wrists....

2 comments:

LeahC said...

well it is true that you could always get a HR monitor a couple of years down the line if you decide that you need it (you might have more cash then :-) )

Fran said...

if you can afford it, I would get the one with the HR monitor. It'll last you a couple of years and you'll probably regret not getting one later on.