Saturday, April 07, 2007

NEW KICKS

Awwww yeah! I just went to Fleet Feet to get me some new shoes. They are ULTRA cushiony. I completely changed my shoes...went from Brooks Radius 6 to Saucony Triumph 4. I got the green ones. They say geniuses like the color green...

I was scheduled to do 8 miles today - I'll do it tomorrow am. I was having a 'bad day' today. I am acutely feeling the move from Indy to Columbus. I wanted to hang out with friends, but I don't have any here. Next weekend I'm going to Indy for my 15K training run for the Mini (quickly approaching - gasp). I'll have to make it a point to hang out with a couple of friends. My sister has her monthly national guard thing going on, so I can't hang with her. But I can see Grandma - she'll have my nephew & I miss him & I'm sure Tony really misses him.

I am probably going to have to take a fitness class (probably swimming) or chum up to a soccer mom when the season starts to make friends. The women at work are nice and all, they're just all older than me (10 years +) and they are the type of people that are like "why do I want to hang out with people from work after work". No problem... I just have be a little more open to meeting new people. Who knew it was this hard?

2 comments:

TRI Vortex said...

Good luck with meeting new people in new places. Thats always hard. Just keep training, at least when you meet someone there, you'll already have a common interest. I noticed that there was no mention about that run you were talking about.

And about that "Hulking Beast", thats why I waiting till I got a new bike to post. And there is a hulking beast, I'm just not in the picture.

LeahC said...

nice job on the shoes. glad you liked fleet feet.

you'll meet people. it took jason and i almost two years to make friends in Chicago....although I am totally saying that causae I work with physics nerds and so I already lose the "i have cool work friends" option :-)