Monday, April 09, 2007

MIRACLE WHIP - THE OTHER WHITE MEAT

Easter was fun. We went to SIL's house for lunch & the kids were properly loaded up with sugar, then we headed home. I must have eaten my weight in mayo. We haven't eaten mayo in at least 2 months (probably more). While I LOVE mayo, it looked like lunch yesterday was sponsored by Miracle Whip!! We had potato salad, tuna salad, chicken salad (with mini croissants - my fave!), ham, baked beans, cheese (+ more cheese), veggies, pineapple delight, and cake! Everything was so yummi-licious, I wish I could eat the leftovers. Interestingly enough, there was no alcohol. As good Catholics, this will need to be rectified next year. :)

I broke in my new shoes this am at the Rec Center. It was HORRIBLE. My stomach was completing cramping the entire time I was doing more than a walk on the mill. I think I am getting my 'just desserts' from the above-mentioned gorge fest. I would run, then my intestines would cramp causing me to run to the locker room (which btw is DOWNSTAIRS - the person that designed that was brilliant). When I got there, I'd be fine. So the process would repeat itself....about 50,000 times! I'm sure that the people running near me loved the show. My new socks are a little too big - the protective sock pad thing that should hit my achilles is too high, so the shoe was rubbing on my ankle. I'll have to return the other pair. Does anybody need a pair of M Balegas? Only slightly used!

This weekend is the 15K training run in Indy...I'm nervous. Hopefully it will go as well as the 10K did!

**I know there's a difference between mayo & Miracle Whip. The latter is too much typing. Sue me, I'm lazy. :)

No comments: