Thursday, April 19, 2007

FOOOOOOOOOD

Why is it that when someone wants to eat better they all of a sudden have to start shopping at the organic food store? Why can't I find good-for-you recipes where I can just go to Kroger to get the ingredients? I am lucky to even know where a Kroger is, let alone a Whole Foods or something like that!!

Any tips out there to find good recipes (good for you too) where I don't have to shop at a specialty store or try to find some obscure vegetables that my kids probably won't even like?

3 comments:

LeahC said...

try allrecipes.com.

you can sign up to get their recipe of the day in your e-mail. not all super healthy, but usually really good

dawnsch said...

Allrecipes.com isnt bad - they do send an email daily and also they have a link in the email to nutrition info. I get them daily, and when they are healthy looking I save them in a separate email file and go back to them when I am looking to make something new. Also, there are a few cookbooks out there (ie Weightwatchers) that have healthy recipes along with nutritional info. Finally there is cookinglight.com - they have a magazine and also a pretty good website.

I do have a question for you, how are you aware of the mileage you are running if you dont have the Garmin? On 4/17 you noted that you ran 4.92 miles - just wondering how you are tracking it ;)

Molly said...

foodnetwork.com works for me...I check out the calorie savers section to get substitutions and I like Health Appetite with Ellie Krieger and I also like Robin Miller's recipees.