Saturday, March 17, 2007

GET IT TOGETHER MAN

6 miles this weekend on the schedule. Yah, I don't see how that can happen seeing as I have little (almost NONE) cold weather gear, my new (not-so) terrific neighborhood has no place around here to run safely, and I have no gym membership here to run on a mill.... ARGH! Pull it together man! Keep the goal in sight...keep the goal in sight.

It is SOOO tempting just to throw in the towel. Give up the ghost. Give away the bib #. BUT I JUST CAN'T DO IT!

This week I'm going to the Westerville Rec Center to get my membership. I am NOT buying cold weather gear this year (unless it is clearance for next year) because dammit, it's MARCH! I refuse to think that these cold days/nights are continuing for much longer. I just need it to be not raining & in the 40s. I am not superman like Leah & Jason. I cannot run when it is snowing. It somehow feels unnatural.

I just have to repeat this mantra: I AM RUNNING. I AM RUNNING. I AM RUNNING. IT IS IMPORTANT. IT IS IMPORTANT. IT IS IMPORTANT.

This reminds me that I didn't tell you my funny monologue in my head when I was doing my 10k last weekend.... I AM SPEED. I AM LIGHTNING. I AM SPEED. 1 WINNER. 2 LOSERS. Repeat. Keep in mind that I was doing approx 12 minute miles. HA!

1 comment:

LeahC said...

you'll totally be able to do it girly! you are the toughest person that I know, so I know you can do it!