Monday, September 18, 2006

OVER THE EDGE

Last night I was feeling great! I ran a 3.4 mile loop in the neighborhood, as it was pretty late. I know I said that i wanted to do 4 miles, but I'll get to that later.

It was breezy and the sun was going down, so the temps were just perfect for a great run. At the 1 mile(ish) point, I started feeling heartburn. Then about 1/2 mile later, up comes my pizza that I ate at 4ish. So, I guess my nauseousness that I was feeling this summer that didn't cause me to upchuck wasn't what I should be worried about - it's heartburn?? I kept going, but my legs felt dead & I was very logey. I did 3.4 in 39ish min. I really wanted to do a 2 mile run 1 way, then turn around & do it backward, because the first part was GREAT. There was this huge hill (just like Eagle Creek), but it was way too dark to go back that way. I thought the path would be lighted, but I would be wrong.

On a positive note, at least I didn't get any on my shoes.

Note to self: no pizza before running. also, drink more water.

1 comment:

Lana said...

I feel your pain with the pizza!! I can also add another one to the list - no french toast before a run...that stuff can be evil!!!