Thursday, September 28, 2006

8K

56 minutes! WAHOO! 11:12 PACE AGAIN! This time it included hills! Real hills! And a stop to tie my shoe, almost barf & stretch my twingey calf! (OK, it was quite an eventful run in Eagle Creek). We did the race course today. So I know I can do it! Tony is VERY excited about doing the Kid's Trek October 7th! He'll be able to race just like Mom!

I figured out the vomity thing - I wait too long between eating & running. I think that 1.5 - 2 hours then a run after eating does me good. Just thought you'd like to know. Also, I think that running on all that pavement is starting to catch up with me. My right knee & calf are very achy. I think I'll take some vitamin I.

Below is a new item I am adding to my blog. It will help me determine what I should wear in the winter. Don't laugh. I am a newbie!!
Temp: 60 ish; intermittent rain
Wore: black pants & short sleeve t, had jacket due to wind/possible rain, but removed it @ 1/2 mile
Felt: good

6 comments:

LeahC said...

Nice Job!!!! You are adding up the distance and speed quite nicely!

yo....the vomiting thing :-)

some things i have found to be good. I will eat a bagel with peanut butter about 30 minutes before I go out for a run. I have also recently found that oatmeal is pretty good (instant stuff is what we are working with lately). As you increase your distances you will have to make sure you get enough food to last through your run. what you eat in the days before matter too.

have fun racing and i expect pictures or the Kids trek!

Dave said...

It's not funny at all to list what you wear at what temps. It is what will help you prepare. I still do it because I forget what works at what temperatures...

nice job on the run.

Lana said...

Great job!! You are going to great in that race...and that is SO cute about the kids race! I love it! My kids LOVE to do races with me!

Joe said...

Vitamin I? As in Ibuprofen? Maybe you should mix it with a little vitamin B, as in beer.

Joe said...

8K? The last time I checked your blog, I think you were only doing 4K or 5K runs. Great job!

Running Jayhawk said...

i am all about the vomit moments when running. :) yer a girl of my own heart!

I cannot wait to hear about the monster mash dash!! you must take photos.

Great job on the run though...I'd love to get an 8k time like that!