Thursday, September 14, 2006

3 DAYS

I have been a bit remiss in posting my progress this week - so here goes:

I STINK!!

I went to the gym Monday & Tuesday to run on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I got exactly 2.3 miles in 30 min Monday. 2.32 miles Tuesday. ugh.

I have been trying to correct my gait. I tend to run with one foot pointed outward & it lands in front of me too much...putting too much pressure on my hip. So, I have been focusing on making my foot point forward & bringing my leg straight forward instead of forward & in. This means that different muscles are working (read: hurting). So, I shouldn't be so hard on myself, but I really want to be ready for the 5 mile run in October. 2.3 mile runs in 30 minutes just aren't going to cut it. 13 minute miles... so last summer.

OK, maybe I should stop putting it on the random hill setting too....

Wednesday I should've rested, but I didn't. Shawna & I went for a 3 mile run. I have no clue what the time was, but it was definitely more than 35 minutes. The course was very flat, but the wind was really gusty! It was great to be outside though, the temp was great! I guess you can't have great temps & no wind too.

Today I am resting. #

No comments: