Thursday, August 10, 2006

NUCKING FUTS

Legs to brain: This is as far as we're going to go this time, buddy. Good job, let's head home.

Brain: Who is this we? Do you have a mouse in your pocket? We've got over a 1/2 mile to go!

Legs: We're not moving anymore - period. We did your crazy 10 mile route on the bike, & we don't want to run. Get used to it, we run this joint.

B: Oh yeah? How do you like that? (cramp in calf) Get to steppin!

L: We eat pieces of shit like you for breakfast, you think a little cramp is going to get us moving? Ha!

B: You eat pieces of shit for breakfast?

Foot: (timidly) Hey, I'm kind of hurt down here.... yesterday's blister is starting to swell again.

B & L: Shut up!

This is the inner monologue I imagine my body having with itself. Besides, of course, the occasional thought that I am nuts & should be at home eating bonbons.

Yesterday, I did my same old 3 mile route in 34:11. Got a couple blisters, cursed myself, and realized that I have the best fucking husband EVER!! He got me an iPod shuffle for my bday - which isn't even until the 17th!! He was at home putting my booty shakin songs on there for me while I was blistering up like an albino in the caribbean. I feel bad that I didn't get to use it because I went to do the tri course with Susan & Shawna. (btw, Shawna is FAST) I'll definitely use it on my next workout - which is Saturday. Unfortunately, a spur of the moment baby shower is to be had & wrecked my plan for tomorrow. Oh well, I'm no elite athlete...I have a life outside of training & I am going to enjoy it!

4 comments:

Lana said...

That is too funny. My legs and brain seem to argue a lot also. You are kicking ass in your training - keep knocking out the workouts!!

Brooke said...

You are not crazy... doesn't everyone have these thoughts?!?! I know I do. Enjoy your social time away from training because thats what makes your mind fresh and ready to tackle the next battle!

LeahC said...

hahaha!!! oh girl lol! enjoy the time away from the training, it's always nice to have the time away

Joe said...

Yeah! You're going to love your iPod.