Sunday, July 09, 2006

WORKING HARD

Today we did another brick. We went to Eagle Creek & worked it out - did the big loop 2x = 9.4 miles then ran 5K. It was gorgeous. At the end of our bike, it started to sprinkle, then rained a bit during the run. Terrific exercise weather, if you ask me. There were a couple big hills, but I mastered 'em like a pro. I think a lot of it has to do with the mental state. If you can see the big hill & think CRAP it's going to really kick my ass then it will. At least that's the way it is with me.

When we started to bike, I noticed that my front tire was making this weird clicking noise with every revolution..so we stopped & noticed that the sending unit was hitting the receiver. So I adjusted it & it stopped working! So, I don't have specific info on times or distance because I forgot my watch. I had to rely on Susan's, which is notoriously inaccurate. At one point, I asked her how fast we were going & she said 27 mph! I was like, oh yeah, I'm the man...but then I realized that on her bike 27 mph was like 16 in real life. :) At least it was an ego boost for about 2 seconds.

Susan brought a friend to run with us today. Jen & Susan went ahead of me, then came back 2x. I had to walk more than they did...they're training for a 1/2 marathon in the fall. I'm still trying to get all of the people I can in the tri with me. Susan is waffling on me. :) We met this girl at our community pool yesterday that is training for the tri on 7/24. Same route/distance as the one on 8/19 that I'm doing. She trained for it last year, then got injured & couldn't race. That would really be a huge bummer if I did all this work & couldn't even do it!

Time today: bike - 47 min; run 39 min.

3 comments:

Bob said...

That is some nice work, it the little sprint I did I realized that Bricks are important as is knowing how to swim. I am really impressed with what you are doing keep up the good work. :)

Peggy Easton said...

I know you will be fantastic! It will pay off!

Bridgette said...

Thanks guys! I really appreciate the compliments.

I will have to step it up though if I want to finish in less than 2 hours! :)