Thursday, July 27, 2006

LETTIN IT ALL HANG OUT

I swam last night. Usually I don't time myself on the swim because it is just too depressing. But the last couple of laps, I timed each length. I swim about 36-38 seconds for each 25m...so I did a little math... I figured that swimming in open water with people all around me will probably make me a little slower...so I figured about 45 seconds for each 25m...

45 * 20 = 900
900 / 60 = 15

ONLY FIFTEEN MINUTES FOR 500 METERS!

OK, that is pretty darn slow swimming, but I figured it would take me 25-30! That's the one set of good news, that I'm not going to be the last swimmer in. The second bit of good news is that I met a lady in the pool last night doing the tri at Eagle Creek this weekend! Shawna & I ran after the swim. OK, so she's faster than me - about a 10 min mile instead of the ~12 that I usually do. But it was great! I finished the 3 mile run in 34:09. At the end of the run, my arm was chafing on my tank top...it was really hurting!! So I took it off...which was scary. I'm glad I didn't poke Shawna's eye out with any flying flab. In my mind I looked like this:

But I probably didn't look THAT bad. Anybody that has had a baby knows that things don't shrink back into place a mere 7 months later...even when you are working your butt off. Heck, I don't think my butt has been the same since the Dude was born 2 1/2 years ago!
_________________

Other news: I won a 15" LCD tv yesterday at my company picnic! Yay!! Now we have more tv's in the house than we have people to watch them.

3 comments:

Joe said...

What an improvement!

Bridgette said...

You talkin about my swim time or my fat picture? :)

Casey said...

How did you get that picture?! You promised not to show anyone!