Sunday, July 30, 2006

FRIDAY

I know I'm a little late... I can't seem to get these weekends together.

Friday was a little unusual. I worked only a 1/2 day, but intentionally. Anyone with kids knows that it takes 80 hours longer to do anything with them than what it takes without them...

Well, so I got off work at 3:30 & went to the pool. Did 600m & felt good about it. I am only doing 50m in 1:20....sucky.

Then I went home, biked 11 miles in 50 ish minutes. My bike computer is still un-replaced, so since I didnt blog it immediately, I can't remember. Then came the hard part...running 3 miles. My legs felt dead & I couldn't get into a rhythm. Then my left leg started hurting (again) behind my knee. I really wanted to stop. I kept going. Then my calf was killing me on the outside of my leg & I felt like I really wanted to stop. I kept going. Then we rounded the corner to our neighborhood...I really REALLY wanted to stop. But I kept going, & amazingly went faster. I ran the last block as fast as my chubby little legs could take me.

I have to hit the training hard because the Tri is coming too fast. I feel too unprepared. I feel like I am going to fail. So, I have to just tri harder....

2 comments:

LeahC said...

nice job keeping going! only a couple weeks now girl! you are going to do great.

Mike said...

If you're doing a three-way brick like that, you're in great shape to finish your tri! My wife and I had limited time to train before this weekend's sprint, so we didn't train all that much, but we still were able to make it.

The swim isn't as bad as you might fear. The trick I've found with training in a pool is to focus on how well you're going to turn around when you reach the wall and not worry about how many you've done until you're midway through the lap. That way you're excited about getting away from the wall, and by the time you think about how far you've swum, there's not much you can do until you get back to the wall. Of course, once you get back there, you'd be focusing on turning around, and the cycle continues... ;-)

Keep the faith -- if you're training this well, the tri should be a breeze!