Friday, June 09, 2006

THIS WEEK

I know I have been a little remiss in posting this week. I figured I better spend some time with Chad or we'd get divorced soon! Plus the Dude was starting to have potty accidents at school, so we have to spend some QT at home. We have had to do laundry every day this week!

So, on my solo bike ride, I went 9.04mi in 45:23. It was really windy and I did some minor hills. I really got going on the trip back though - about 21 mph! Today I went 8.42 miles in 41:12 with some MAJOR hills. We noticed my bike's front tire was a little wobbly & Chad's spoke broke on his wheel, so we're hitting Matthew's this weekend.

I did 300m in the pool Wednesday....I don't time myself in the pool because I think I would get so discouraged if I did that! Joe is Mr. Speedy & it would probably be embarassing! (not that 9 miles biking in 45 minutes isn't...) I am going to the pool tomorrow am...even if it rains. The indoor pool will still be open, so I am hoping for less traffic. :)


I ordered TI's Triathlon Swimming: Made Easy and The Triathlete's Training Bible by Joe Friel this week. I am SO EXCITED! I look everyday to see if it has gotten here yet, even though I used the Super Saver Free Shipping that Amazon gives you on orders of $25 & more. I really KNOW that it's not going to be there yet, but I still can't wait! I am hoping that the swimming book will really help my form. I also need to do some changes in my nutrition. BBQ chips aren't cutting it anymore!


Other news on the homefront: Stinky has his first tooth!!! I feel bad now that we ignored him when he was crying in his bed. I thought that he was just tired & needed sleep! It barely pokes out, but he is chewing on everything that he can get his little chubby hands on. As the big bad wolf said...The better to EAT YOU WITH!

2 comments:

Joe said...

> We have had to do laundry every day this week!

Been there, done that!

> Joe is Mr. Speedy

Hehe, thanks.

> I ordered TI's Triathlon Swimming: Made Easy

Good for you! I'm sure it will help your swimming.

> BBQ chips aren't cutting it anymore!

Don't cut them out completely! You have to indulge once in a while. I have some chips a couple of times a month and I don't feel guilty. Mmmmmmmmmmmmn...chips.

Peggy Easton said...

Sounds like you are making progress- even though you don't think so. Sounds like the home front is like any other toddler home- things happen. love ya, Mom