Friday, June 23, 2006

I AM SO KEWL

I talked to Rob, my neighbor, about the Sprint @ Eagle Creek tomorrow. He's totally going to kick butt! I have to remind myself to be nice to him so that he'll give me tips. :)

My run tonight: same 3.1 miles in about 36 minutes (I checked the time when I was turning the corner right before 3 miles & it was 34:51. I can't tell what my exact time was because I forgot to stop my watch when I was stretching. So technically, I guess it was 3.1 miles in 39:23 - that's the time that I stopped it at!

The first leg was about 1.2 - 1.4 miles in 12 minutes or so....ALL RUNNING! So, I am getting a little better on endurance. I feel like my legs need work because my lungs could go a ton further, but legs made me walk. Is this normal? What am I saying? Hardly anything about me is NORMAL.

Plus, this old lady was doing yardwork when I was huffing & puffing past, TRYING to make it in before 36 minutes...she brilliantly yells out, YOUR FACE IS RED! Well no shit, Sherlock! I am running as fast as my fat little legs can take me for the last 1/2 mile or so in 85 degree weather! Plus, I feel like my pants are going to combust at any second because my legs are rubbing together so bad that Vaseline is a distant memory.

5 comments:

LeahC said...

hee hee. you are so funny.

nice job on the run. Looking at the first leg times you are getting mighty speedy. You'll get the rest in no time.

you should try body glide if you can find it. I hear it's better than vaseline...maybe it stays put longer.

Bridgette said...

I put kewl in the title just for you!

LeahC said...

hahaha! nice. i think you and only you could bring back kewl :-)

Joe said...

> I feel like my legs need work
> because my lungs could go a
> ton further, but legs made
> me walk. Is this normal?

I think it's normal. I always feel like that too.

Peggy Easton said...

Is there some sort of silicone based spray or gel you can use?