Friday, June 16, 2006

FLOATING 101

Can I be more pathetic? I think I got motion sickness from learning to float. It didn't help that I was bobbing around like a dinghy (not a blond) in a hurricane from the kids jumping in the pool & swimming by & dunking each other while I was practicing. I did it for about 10-15 minutes so that I was pretty comfortable in floating on my back while 'hiding my head' then I tried to rotate to my side & almost vomited.

That's twice in 1 week, a personal record. Maybe this is one PR that I won't try to beat in the future.

Oh yeah, I wanted to point out that my mantra while running alone & really trying to make it that extra little bit before stopping for a walk is "Just keep swimming. Just keep swimming." Can you tell I have a 2 year old?

2 comments:

Joe said...

P. Sherman, 42 Wallaby Way, Syndey! Hey I remembered it!

Bridgette said...

You're funny! I had to watch that dumb show 5000 times before the Dude wanted to watch something else...then we watched LION KING, then MONSTERS INC. Now we're onto Toy Story & he has Buzz Lightyear sandals that he has to wear EVERYDAY. They smell like total crap. We have to switch them out once a month without telling him because he'll throw a huge fit if he knew that he was wearing different shoes. They're identical, just don't smell like a landfill.