Friday, May 26, 2006

TRADITION SCHMADITION

Ever since the world was full of noxious gas and primordial ooze, Carb Day at the IMS has been the Thursday before the race - ALWAYS! So, what happened?! Today is Carb Day?! Am I confused - did someone not inform me that the biggest party in Speedway has been moved from the traditional Thursday to this newfangled Friday?

I am not so in love with tradition that I don't realize that this may, in fact, be a good thing. I just think that so many other things have been changed in the month of May that maybe, JUST MAYBE something should be sacred? Am I wrong? Probably, but that's the way I feel.

In addition to it being carb day - I have also spoken with one of the Indy Swim Fit club members & she makes me feel better about joining. I will eventually join, as soon as I can do 400m without pausing. I am at 150m...so in a couple weeks, I'm there!

I was supposed to bike today, but when I got home I gorged myself on pizza & baked beans (don't ask) so I felt sluggish & blech. I will bike tomorrow after the 3 Rivers 12K that Jason & Leah are doing. I am excited about going to cheer them on. I think I'm going to take the Dude with me. Hopefully he won't run into the running mob of people and cause someone to trip. Although, it would be a great story to tell the grandkids....

1 comment:

LeahC said...

jason and i can't wait to see you guys tomorrow. i'm way nervous about the race....always helps to have people there watching :-)