Tuesday, May 16, 2006

OK - so today is training day #2 - already a debacle! I went to the YMCA yesterday to join and had forgotten my checkbook. NO PROBLEM, I talk to the lady and will bring my checkbook tomorrow. I ask her what the pool schedule is. She tells me the pool is open for lap swim at 6:15 AM. I say great - see you tomorrow. I show up at 6:30 - NOBODY IS AT THE DESK! ARGH!

So, I have to go to the POP (my work gym) to take a shower before work because I had planned on showering at the Y!

Only day 2 & I'm already behind on the swim. I'm doing 2 mile ride tonight before picking up the kids from daycare. I'll just have to swim on my usual day off...

Plus, Chad just told me that he isn't going to get me Mad Mushroom cheezstix from Btown because I'm training! I told him I should be able to eat them precisely because I AM training! He didn't buy my reasoning....

7 comments:

LeahC said...

oooooh Mad Mush cheeese sticks....oh i love these....dude we went to steak and shake last night and I could almost drink the grease off my frisco melt burger..and it was fucking delicious!

LeahC said...

oh yeah and you should say something to the Y people to make sure that they will be at the desk at 6:30.

Mootab said...

Well as we all know Mad Mushroom is bad for you. You all have seen my waist line.

Anyways "B" I want to say how proud of you I am for taking on this challenge and I look forward to wantching you cross your finish line!!

Love ya!!

Mootab said...

Oh yeh, don't give me this crap about being too lean for the tri. Mad Mushroom will not only help you prevent that, but it will sit in you and act like a boat anchor and take you to the bottom!

On the other hand, we have great life insurance on you and I have been wanting an XBox!!! HAHAHA!!

Love YA!

Scott said...

Bridget...
Everyone knows that cheese balls and Old Style are the perfect ingredients on any triathelete's training table. Go for it.

Leah's Dad!

Jason said...

Bridgette -

Let me also just add how impressed I am by what you are doing. Swimming, biking, and running, all from scratch? That shit's hard.

Good for you, if would be a lot easier to just not do it. But, as they say, if it was easy, everyone would do it.

Bridgette said...

I read on beginnertriathlete.com that being lean causes you to lose boyancy. That's proof enough for me that I can eat Mad Mush!! :)