Wednesday, May 24, 2006

3 DAYS

For the past 3 days, I have done my workouts as prescribed, but nothing noteworthy has really occurred. I am improving on my running & swimming noticeably (at least to me). I can't really tell on my biking. Yesterday we biked 4.23 miles in 24:30. The route we took was fairly flat & behind Eagle Creek/beside the Golf Course. There's always the possibility of seeing wildlife back there.

After the bike yesterday, Chad made me (didn't MAKE me make me) do crunches & push ups football style...which means it hurt!! I know I need to work on it & it's making me better, but DAMN after sprinting the last bit to the house all I wanted to do was relax & shower.

I found a new tri that I'm going to participate in - Eagle Creek Sprint Triathlon August 19th! It's darn closer than the Women's Only Tri in Akron that I was planning for September. I'm psyched about training for something in town. They haven't posted the route yet, so I can't tell where its going. But, I definitely have to get better on the breathing without swallowing water because that water is YUCK!

It is kind of hard to go work out when Stinky is sick. Any of you that know the fam knows that the Dude has asthma (but they won't call it that cause he's too young still). Now, the little'un is starting up...albeit 3 months later than T did. We were so hopeful that it would pass him by, but that didn't happen. So now he's on albuterol treatments 3x/day. The cough hasn't abated, so we are going to the doc tomorrow for chest xrays. Thnk healthy thoughts!

6 comments:

LeahC said...

awwww :-(

I hope the little guy feels better. Jason had TONS of alergies as a kid including really really bad asthma but grew out of all the allergies completly (except for peanuts but even that one isn't too bad...just gets a ichy throat). I hope your guys feel better :-)

So you are looking at Aug 19th in Indy? We'll be there!

Joe said...

> For the past 3 days, I have done
> my workouts as prescribed, but
> nothing noteworthy has really
> occurred.

As a new blogger, you can be forgiven. However, in Section 1 of the Blogging Code of Conduct, it says "If nothing noteworthy happens on a particular day, embellish something ordinary to make it seem noteworthy".

The cardinal rule of blogging is "Embellish! Embellish! Embellish!"

> After the bike yesterday, Chad made
> me (didn't MAKE me make me) do
> crunches & push ups football style

Next time I expect you to do your push ups Rocky Style -- one arm only! You have been warned! Now make it so, Number One!

Peggy Easton said...

mind if Mom comes and watches?

Mootab said...

Joe I like your style, keep it up!! She is doing great but a little more football and lot more Rocky and she will be young Skywalker coming from behind in the pod races!!!

May the force be with you all!!!!

Bridgette said...

You guys are absolutely nuts! I try to do the girly push-ups and you want me Rock Bottom my candy ass!

Everyone is welcome to watch me!! I need all of the support that I can get! Mom, Leah & Jason are welcome to stay at the house...everyone else on the internet has to find a hotel/motel/holiday inn. :)

Peggy Easton said...

Since when does a girl want to look like Rocky?